Monday, October 3, 2011

The true story of Keiko.

I know this is off topic of Animal Jam, but I wanted to tell you guys the true story of Keiko the Killer Whale. It all started sometime in 1977 (or 1978) in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean near Iceland, a killer whale was born named Keiko. People from Mexico had him in a little pool where he used to live. Where my dad used to live. My dad lived about 20 miles away from the whale. It was in the year 1990 when he was in Mexico and they made a movie about him called "Keiko En Peligro". Which means Keiko In Danger. The it was in the year 1993 when he starred in his first movie "Free Willy". He was captured and taken to an water park somewhere where they had filmed the movie. Then in his second movie in 1995 "Free Willy 2: The Adventure Home", where before the ending of that movie where Willy lived, there was an oil spill out in the water. In his thrd movie in 1997, he was a father who had a wife named "Nickii" and they had a daughter together. Then in 1998 he was taken to the Oregon Coast Aquarium in Newport,Oregon. He got released a few years after that, then he swam to Norway and on the day of December 12, 2003, he was on the shore in Norway and he had pneumonia and he was coughing then a while after that, he died.  Some kids from a Norwegian School went on a trip and there was a sign that said: Keiko's Grave. He was buried under the dirt and the school kids took some rocks and covered his body and dirt with them.  Here are some real pictures of the whale and his grave. In his movie "Keiko En Peligro, he even knew how to kiss people. Weird huh?



 Then here is him in his aquarium tank.


Here is his first movie "Keiko En Peligro".



Then in Norway.

Then here is his grave.


This is his grave. See the little orca toy next to the lady?

Please save our orcas from people whale hunting. Praise for Keiko the Killer Whale. He is still missed today. For info about him click here to go to Keiko.com. Praise for Keiko the Killer Whale and Pray for him! There are not that many orcas left in captivity. Praise for Keiko!

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love orcas too. Compared to the HUGE, BIG ocean out there where true orcas live, even the BIGGEST pool is simply a prison :(

      Delete
  2. @BigGoldFish101

    I know. I love orcas too. It's just sad he died

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone dies some day, like the song in shrek the third:

    Live and live die
    Live and live die

    (I dont know the rest lol)
    Someday we're gonna die. I just hope it's gonna happen in another eighty years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cesalia

    Yeah. That's funny you just commented the song from Shrek The Third. I have that movie. But yes, Keiko is about 33 years old now. He died when he was 27. Usually killer whales die at about 35 years of age. So he died 8 years before 35.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of him before, at like a whale watch museum. That's really sad! I love all animals, and I don't like when people kill them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @devyn786

    Yeah! It was sad because he died when I was 3! I even have REAL pictures of him! My parents actually saw him for real!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! I saw like half of Free Willy! Now I really want to help the orcas! They're so cute! :D -Snowdog900

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww that's so mean :(. -snowdog900

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know. You're also not coming that much. What's up with it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. By the way, why am I NOT on your buddy list?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Keiko! :'( I really love all animals and I’m horribly sad that he died...

    ~DoomyPanda

    ReplyDelete
  12. @DoomyPanda

    I know. I am too. It's because of pneumonia, that's why.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love free willy =3

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Jammers! No spam or comments with bad words! Those comments will not be published or will be removed!